After some hair pulling, I managed to get this printer installed. Below are the steps that I have taken:
- Turn on and connect the printer to the puppy machine
- Install hplip using puppy package manager. Run command "ppm" on terminal, and search for hplip.
- Make sure all dependencies are installed
- Launch cups by going to http://localhost:631
- Go to "Administration -> Printer -> Add printer" OR "Administration -> Printer -> Find new printer"
- Choose the printer with connection like "usb://HP/PSC%201400%20series?serial=CN5CDC60T004BM" with hplip in the name
- For Driver, choose "HP PSC 1400 Series, hpcups 3.12.9 (color, 2-sided printing)"
- Set default settings for the newly added printer by going to "Printer -> HP PSC 1410 -> Administration -> set default option". Print settings in application does not work.
- You are done..... Congratulation :)