A banner for ssh server is a few phrase that will come out the time you want to access a server through ssh. By default, this feature is turned off. To turned it on:
- Login as 'root'
- Create your banner file first. In this example, i will create banner file named /home/banner
- # vi /home/banner
- Insert your banner message to the file. I will insert 'Welcome to my pc'
- # vi /etc/sshd_config
- Uncomment or add the following line
- Banner /home/banner
- # /etc/init.d/sshd restart
- # ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to my pc