Some of you people out there that just started using OpenOffice(OO) complaints that this office suite is a bit slow and not suitable for old and low end computers. Here are a few tips on boosting your OO performance.
- Disable java environment
- Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice.org -> java
- Uncheck 'Use a java runtime environment'
- Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice.org -> Memory
- Under 'Graphics Cache', increase the 'Use for OpenOffice.org' memory. Increase accordingly depending on your system physical memory. For example, you can put it to 128 MB if your physical memory is 512MB
- Increase also the 'Memory for object' value
- For easier start of OO application, check the 'enable systray Quickstarter'. It will put one shortcut for all OO application at the right hand corner of your desktop